Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patty's Day






This is my third St. Patrick's Day without the kids. Last one we were in Mississippi and the one before fell on a Sunday, which was their dads day. But, as I said before this is Mark's holiday, so of course I can not relax, nono, I think each year they get more and more extravagant. The best part about creating a holiday for an adult, is that you do not have to dye the food green anymore or leave leprechaun footprints all over the house (did they come to your house this year Em?)! What we do do however is get a new green shirt and socks. This year Mark got a white dress shirt and an amazing green tie, yeppers all grown up! I then cooked for hours creating our authentic irish meal, which consisted this year of corned beef and cabbage, irish soda bread and irish creme brulee, all of which were so good that I actually ate until I threw up, and not on purpose, yea (self control, whats that?)! But the best part of all the game was, the scavenger hunt provided by the fitness center. Wow! Not only do I have throbbing thighs (no driving allowed) but I have a pair of shoes, sitting at the front door covered in 2 inches of mud (i.e. shortcuts)! However the epitome of this event was the fact that we came in dead last, oh yes last the best of all the game!! Congrats to the three top teams that just so happened to work there....huh......

6 comments:

  1. Where the hell have I been? I got the emails but didn't know it was a blog, just thought it was another stupid thing like facebook "everybody else is doing it". Ya know. I am so jealous of your name. Help me think of a better one and I'll start a 4th blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little sad, sniff sniff, but now I am happy. You know you were my inspiration. You were the first.... put a spin on a name like that the first something or other lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys had a great holiday. Boy I wish Tony ate food lol! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where the hell are your guy's clothes in these pictures??? am i the only one to notice this???? I sooooo grossed out right now... Totally threw up in my mouth a little...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and i totally remember doing the footprints for em when we were little... good times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I have a green tank top on and green sweat pants, mark has his shirt off and black sweat pants, nice rachael...

    ReplyDelete